Kia 7 Year Warranty
1. What models does it apply to?
The Kia 7 year warranty applies to all new Kia vehicles registered from 1st January 2010.
2. Exactly how long is the warranty?
The warranty is a full 7 years from date of first registration OR to a maximum of 100,000 miles (whichever is the sooner). For the first three years of the warranty, the mileage is unlimited.
3. Can I update my current 3 or 5 year Kia warranty to 7 years?
Kia Extended Warranties can be purchased for vehicles that have a 3-year manufacturers warranty. Cover can be purchased for an additional 12 or 24 months from just £199.
Unfortunately there are no options available to extend a vehicle with 5 years manufacturers cover.
4. What is actually covered?
Some items have a natural limited life/durability and are therefore covered for less than 7 years. These items include (but are not restricted to) consumable parts such as worn windscreen wiper blades, clutch linings, etc. The vehicle battery is warranted for a period of 2 years. The audio system is warranted for 3 years/60,000 miles and vehicle paint is warranted for 5 years/100,000 miles.
For all other components, the total cost of parts and labour associated with any warranty claim are covered.
5. What if I am a taxi or fleet car driver?
For fleets and company cars, the warranty coverage remains exactly the same. For a vehicle used as a taxi or private hire vehicle, the warranty is limited to a maximum of 100,000 miles in the first three years. Otherwise, coverage is the same.
6. Can I transfer the warranty to the next owner when I sell my car?
Yes - the Kia 7 year warranty is fully transferable to any subsequent owner of the vehicle while still valid.
7. Why is Kia the only manufacturer that offers 7 years?
Kia cars are rigorously tested to ensure the highest possible standards of reliability and durability. In addition, due to the investment by Kia in the most technologically advanced production facilities and manufacturing techniques, Kia can ensure future quality standards. This outstanding production quality is what gives Kia the confidence to offer a full 7 year manufacturers warranty across its entire range of vehicles.
8. Would an unlimited mileage warranty not have been better?
There is no mileage limitation to the Kia 7 year warranty over the first 3 years. Over the full period of the warranty, the mileage limit is 100,000 miles.
9. What about anti-perforation coverage?
All Kia cars are covered for a minimum of 7 years/100,000 miles. Some are covered for up to 12 years*. Please contact your local Kia dealer for full details.
* Annual Bodywork inspection required for which a charge may apply.
10. Is roadside assistance included?
Every new Kia comes with 12 months KIAssist roadside assistance package as standard.
11. In which countries is my car covered?
The Kia 7 year warranty is valid in all EEA (European Economic Area) countries except for Bulgaria and Romania.
12. Are all dealers participating?
Yes - all official Kia franchised dealers throughout the EU will be available to administer and undertake any necessary work under the terms of the warranty.
13. When is the 7-year warranty valid from?
Any new Kia vehicle registered from 1st January 2010 will have the Kia 7 year warranty.
14. I already have a Kia registered before 1st January 2010. Will the terms and conditions of my warranty change in line with the announcement of the 7 year warranty across the range?
No - if you already have a Kia the warranty terms and conditions remain unchanged from when you bought it. If you have an extended Kia warranty applied to a Kia Approved Used car, please refer to the separate warranty terms and conditions that apply.